Gain a complete perspective of your actual or potential leakage points before they reach your billing system.
Why Revenue Assurance?
With increasing failure and error causes, pressure on the revenue management systems is increasing as well.
Process & Technical Solution
- Act as a “shadow billing” by processing all delivered CDRs and comparison of the QAT-result with the customer’s billing results
- Perform data comparison from a customer’s billing—among other systems—via Billing Reports
- Credit balances check reports for explainable “jumps”
- Using real-time data processing in memory to increase speed and accuracy of revenue leakage detection
- Checking of prices and balances within given service level
- Matching of purchasing- and selling- prices on detailed level
- Analysis, Classification and Communication of deviations
- Ensuring billing correctness for legal reasons, e.g. SOX compliance, ISO 9001 audit
When management suspects leakage, investigation is requested and must be performed by a RA expert by using the Clintview Software to perform statistical analysis and drill down up to CDR level.
Process of initializing an exhaustive and proactive investigation in a particular revenue leakage area, in order to uncover undetected or unsuspected leakages.
Correction is the final and most difficult part of Revenue Assurance. It can be as simple as a software correction, or complex as replacing a major system.
As Germany’s market leader, Telefonica found itself with a precarious situation. With over ≈70 tariffs, ≈1.500 options and ≈3.000 zones, they needed a quick and effective Revenue Assurance solution that could accurately capture revenue leakage for all prepaid CDRs throughout their network and customer-facing systems. The result? A full record-by-record solution that not only provided auditable results, but spun synergies with other solutions (tariff-pruning and migrations).